Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tile Saw Mk Mk370 Vs Porter Cable 1500



Approaching my 3rd tile project would like to buy a entry tile wet saw.The MK MK-370 and Porter Cable 1500 seem to be very popular. Both are designed for 10x10 diagonal cuts which I will have to modify to cut a few 12x12 diagonal. Otherwise, it 9x12 tiles. Any comments about accuracy and ease of use or other comments welcome.

can't speak for the porter cable, but i've got the MK, and i'm pretty pleased with it. it was less expensive than the porter cable, but it is pretty loud! i've got one of the less expensive tile saws that are set up like a table saw, but the radial-arm-saw-like ones with the sliding tables are MUCH better.
i recently used my MK on 12 tiles, and had no problems whatsoever.

Depending on how often you are going to use this tile saw, I would highly suggest a MK-770. It is a 12 x 12 with your exception to cut a 16 and 18 tile. Standard Ceramic Tiles are 12, I think... (I lay ceramic tile). I don't know about the Porters, either. I sure do like my MK-770, definitely no complaints.
JennyS.
Tags: tile, porter, cable, 1500, Cable 1500, cable pretty, less expensive, Porter Cable, Porter Cable 1500, porter cable pretty